Saturday, March 10, 2012

TODAY AND THEN

Today I wake up and there is such a deja vu feeling.. Thinking back to when mom was in the hospital in Scottsbluff, and I would go up there..  Just the way the weather is, so nice.. It's a  "I'd rather be..."  type of day back then.. As in I'd rather be doing anything but this but it was March then and March has that deception of feeling like you should be doing something, like watering the lawn or something when in reality watering the lawn in March is a waste of time.. Waste of water anyway because there just isn't any good that comes of it.. ?I watered the trees this past Monday because it was so nice..

I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon getting my reader loaded with sites to check later as I put them into folders and try to sort them out.. Some will be kept and others deleted.. One thing is for sure, I am glad I don't bookmark anymore.. Google changed the way they do their bookmarks and it didn't make sense to me so I moved the majority to another site.. And now with the reader I have them set to be read rather than visited directly.. I was on a site via reader yesterday and found I spent nearly an hour there.. Something I rarely did when I went to the site directly and in fact I don't ever remember going to this site before reader..

Thursday night I went out at about ten and wanted to see if there was any northern lights, but the moon was too bright and there wasn't anything to see. After I got back home I checked to see what time the moon was supposed  set and it said about six in the morning, and I thought great that might give me a little time to see what there is to see.. But as the moon was setting the sun was coming up so no northern lights for me..

Mom gave Ian a few things yesterday for his birthday.. With the idea that these toys be left here to play with, she was going to give him a couple more but then thought better of it and will give them to him for Easter... There were a few things that she got well over a year ago but wanted to wait until about now to give them to him.. She thought about giving him a harmonica that was dads but then changed her mind.. I wasn't going to talk her out of that, he had three or four different models.. I would hope she would wait until he is maybe ten years old so he might appreciate that these were his grandpas... He never got to meet his grandpa and that is sad and nearly as sad he didn't get to meet any of his mothers parents... 

I had just gotten the "box of links" set on my homepage with CHASERS set on it.. Chasers as in tornado chasers thinking that sometime in late April or early May I would need it and then a few days later the outbreak of tornadoes in the south and east happened.. I saw the red boxes on the map but didn't think that anything like that was going on.. Someone on Facebook who lives in Perth Australia put an entry on her site that people in that part of the country should take cover.. Here I am in the right country and didn't know about it..  Hannah will be here in May to do her annual storm chasing.. She was up in our area last year and ate at the local Pizza hut on a day when the weather was nasty here.. I was watching their webcam and was stunned when they pulled off the road there and drove the driveway towards Cabela's then around that lake and came out by Perkins.. They then turned to go west, ended up just south of Lorenzo and parked for a few minutes then came back and ended up at the Pizza hut for a quick bite...  I had a really good view of the front door of the hut...  

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment