Tuesday, March 20, 2012

THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL

So I guess a question that might be asked is where do I come up with the ideas for all these entries.. And my answer is I usually just sit down and start writing.. Sometimes an idea hits me and sometimes the idea is a blank.. An exercise in imagination to see if there is anything that is worth writing about.. Most of the time an entry hits me while I'm in bed early in the morning and it can be so vivid that I think there is just no way i can forget it.. But forget it I do and more often than not..  It takes me a while to type and get the idea onto "paper" because I was taught how to type (by my dad of all people) but was horrible at it, and do type mostly left handed..  An entry can take from half an hour to an hour depending on how many mistakes I make and how often the train leaves the tracks, if you know what I mean... 

Today the Broncos introduced Peyton Manning as their new quarterback.. I have mixed feelings about that.. First I know that John Elway wanted to try to make Tebow (Tim) into a relatively good quarterback but truth is I think he saw that as a project that even he might not get to where he wanted which is the super bowl..  Peyton is that QB right out of the bag but their is a catch.. He might not be able to take a very vicious hit.. I was thinking of this past season and had Denver had Peyton as their starter they might have won three or four more games.. Thinking that the second KC game should have been a win.. The first Patriots game with the lead they had should have been a win.. Buffalo should have been a win because the bills were horrible when Denver played them.. A couple of the early season Orton losses could have been wins.. They say he will get ten wins and ten wins this past season might have gotten a second round home playoff game.. When Mike Shanahan was the head coach the broncos had great starts and finished well with Elway as the QB.. After Elway retired he seemed happy to get to the playoffs on the road and getting their ass handed to them.. They were a .500 team through his last few years either being right on 8-8 or 7-9 or 9-7...  Ten wins seems like a dream right now but who knows...

Another though is that if Peyton goes down with an injury early in the season then Denver has a third rate QB as backup and they lose to the point where drafting Matt Barkley becomes a possibility.. I have thought all along that Barkley is better than Luck, and he has more character.. My main reason is because he could have left school early, before his junior year but stayed even though USC was on probation.. He could have left this year but is staying because he wants to win the hiesman  trophy and possibly a shot at the national title.. That would make him an obvious choice as  a first pick overall... 

And then there is Tebow.. Sadly it was easier to give up on him than try to develop him.. I have said all along that if he gets into another team that he will bite Denver in the ass... I would hope it would happen in the regular season and not the playoffs but you never know... And if he can't be traded what then?  They keep him and he learns from Manning??  No way, they will either trade him or wait until first cuts and cut him during fall camp.. What would be so bad about him ending up in Canada??  some other players have gone up there and come back and still played here in the NFL...

This week Lucy is off Tuesday and Thursday.. A welcome break from the boo but to screw that up we stopped today and took him to get ice cream.. Then went to the park.. They filled in the swing wells and that makes teaching him to pump himself next to impossible right now.. He can't help but drag his feet now.. He would rather argue than try to pump himself..  I don't get that..  But the thing I really don't get is when we get ready to go he doesn't want to go home.. He told his grandma she could stay over night and mom just tries hard to explain that we can't stay there.. What is going on with that.. He wants to come to Grandmas house but we don't have nearly the toys he has at his house.. Not anywhere near the toys... I told him I wished I had half the toys he had by the time I was four years old.. He got a set of hot wheels cars from one of the guys in Donald's band and he said he already had one of them.. And sure enough, I remember seeing that car from a set his grandma got him a month earlier...  Today he didn't say anything about going to Walmart to get a guitar or a truck with cars on the trailer.. I was at Walmart earlier in the day and think I saw what he was wanting.. The little guy has a steal trap memory.. He knows where the toy is and can get you there.. Just blew me away when he wanted that guitar a couple months ago.. He knew where it was and when it wasn't there was lost.. It was strange to see him looking lost, he knew where it was.. I go through the same thing now with other things at Walmart, they move things constantly... I know why they do but it pisses me off, enough so that I shop elsewhere when I'm in a hurry... 

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment