Tuesday, March 6, 2012

FOR NOW EVERYTHING IS COOL..

So Ian had his birthday party...  Everybody got there (eventually)..  When we got there he was saying he was waiting for his friends to show up.. I said I didn't know you had any friends, joking of course..  He meant the guys in his dads band.. Ok, gotcha...  Mom isn't sure how to react to anything any more.. I think we should try to return to normal somehow.. Mom says she is on the verge of saying hell with it and just trying to forget some of it.. Driving to the party Saturday evening she said something about two months ago and all i could figure and all I can tell her is he was looking for a confrontation for some reason, whatever that was..  He was needing to blow off steam for whatever the reason and did...  and that was all I said..  The thought that what happened did might have some people say so what's the big deal, we do that all the time.. That isn't us normally, and was such a stunning event.. I'm not sure everyone in the family knows what did happen, and maybe it should remain that way.. I don't like what happened and if it would have happened to me I would have stayed away from them.. More than likely would not go to Jordan's wedding regardless of what might have been attempts to change things.. It didn't happen to me directly and I can forgive and forget what happened, since I really don't know the particulars.. 

Things are still a bit.... uneven, not back to normal.. We went to see Tabitha at her parents house and it felt strained.. I can only assume they told both daughters what happened.. Feels like they know, or maybe it's me..  Jordan has been home at least three times since the last time she stopped in a couple weeks after the new year and hasn't made any effort to stop in.. Mom says it doesn't bother her but I know it does.. I keep trying to think what dad would think of things and he might have gotten pissed off but then again he probably wouldn't have thought anything about it.. I doubt that he would have gone out there and in fact I doubt that there would have been a blowup.. Dad had a calming effect on everyone... 

Two days of what I think has been incredible weather.. Seventies for two days, and while I have been looking at garden things at Walmart for the past month, anyone else might think it is too early to start planning a garden.. But I think planning stages is a good thing.. Thinking about what to try to plant and how.. I was looking at the started pellets and have changed my mind about starting plants that way.. I have a starter tray that I used ten or so years ago and the first time I used it the plants got taken by rabbits or something.. The next year might have been the same way but the pellets weren't the same size so.. Today I think I found the same size that I needed way back then.. Still thinking about trying to start from seed..  The letter to uncle Bob still fresh in my mind but I would like to try it one last time as the definitive yes it works or no throw all those supplies away and NEVER try that again..

Went through my music collection on the computer, editing it down a little.. The plan was to get the music on here down to a nice number, but more to the point I wanted the songs to be  a somewhat concise collection and cross section of my entire taste in music and have music from everyone I have digital music from.. Quite the undertaking.. Started in late January, I did  little and then decided to put a strong effort into it, i had been wanting to do this for a year.. Now it is done.. Now I will start a list of the top 10% and call it such and that will entail around twelve hundred songs, since I still have twelve thousand songs on here.. No repeats.. That is twelve thousand individual songs, no repeats via live versions and studio versions...  Making a choice that way was tough but I tried to keep studio versions prime, except where live versions were definitive (in my mind)...

Aurora browser is now THE  browser.. I now run everything on Aurora (Firefox development foundation browser aka FF 13)  I was stunned when the sharing plugin was added to the ability of Aurora to work as well as the stumbleupon toolbar..  A few more tweeks and Aurora will be the exclusive browser, dare I say default.. Now the rankings is Aurora, Opera (default), Chrome (I know hard to believe Chrome has moved up so far but more than likely won't ever be default but you never know)  Comodo Dragon...  With Firefox tied for forth, but not represented in the start up section..  Aurora is so much more stable than I thought it would be. Usually  a beta program is horrible, but this thing works great.. I'm not saying it doesn't still have it's moments, every browser and every computer has it's toss it in the trash days.. But I like this browser.. The thing I like most is Firefox gets constant feedback from it and anytime I have trouble it gets sent automatically.. That might sound like an invasion of privacy but I don't think of it that way.. They get valuable information about the stability of their browser and I get a better browser.. A win win situation in my mind.. And besides if you think you are completely anonymous on the internet guess again..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment