Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SET FOR SETS SAKE

Back in December (was it just that long ago?) I was working on what I thought was the ultimate, my own personal homepage that would be all things to me.. What I wanted was a page that reflected everything to do with the internet.. What then happened over the holiday break with having two then three full weeks to work on it, I added links to just about  every site and in doing so I caused the page to crash the lesser processor in the netbook computer.. What I wanted was concise, but ended up with a bloated page with sites I hadn't visited in a fairly long time.. But the ultimate was at hand and I ran with it until that fateful day when I was sitting on my brothers couch and saw the link to "Google reader"... I was wondering just what that was, I had seen it for a few years and then decided to see what it was all about.. The hair on the back of my neck tinged as I thought this could be a way to relieve the stress on the homepage on the netbook computer.. I thought I'd just add a few and try it for a while all the time adding any new bookmarks to my bookmarks site.. Then last week I decided to dive head first into using reader and took all the bookmarks that have RSS feeds and put them in reader.. And so for the past five or so days that is almost exclusively what I have been doing.. Overloading the reader with the idea that I will go through and see what stays and what goes and deleting all the related bookmarks and ended up with maybe a quarter of the bookmarks that I had.. And the adding of the RSS links took a long time relatively speaking, going through those is going to take a bit to do as well, but it will be worth it because then I think the entry here will be "the ultimate reader experience"..  I know I will add more sites but I doubt I will add links to any bookmark site.. Sure.. Right...


I got antsy yesterday.. The weather is unseasonal, very warm here now.. Seventies and possibly eighties which is twice as warm as it is supposed to be here at this time of year.. With the nice weather comes the threat of bad weather arriving early  (YIPPEE)... I'm not a fan of that crap assed weather and it is with that type of weather in mind that I swore... SWORE I would not buy a hail magnet this year.. What's a hail magnet you might ask.. A hail magnet is any lawn ornament that you have that is nice and something you like to look at.. In this case I got a new LED light for mom for mothers day... And so yes I broke my vow and got yet another hail magnet..

Speaking of hail magnet and maybe this is the greater offender I was looking at seeds yesterday and found a hot pepper starter kit and it includes the Anneheim, cayenne, jalapeno  peppers for the salsa garden.. Originally I was going to buy the Roma tomato and three peppers (habanero in place of the Cayenne) already started.. And still might depending on where these plants are about Memorial day..  How these will be arranged in the Earth box; I found the diagram for planting plants but there was nothing mentioned of a project like this that I am going to try.. I guess we'll see what happens.


I watched the nephew yesterday and he wanted to go to the park and play with the other kids there.. When we got to the park the usual happened, he went to the swing and I ended up pushing him for nearly an hour.. That gets old fairly fast as he doesn't know how to make himself go faster or higher.. And we try to show him and he just says he can't do it..  A sad fact starting to emerge from watching him is he is having trouble mingling with other kids his own age.. There is a trust issue, he takes a toy to the park but has to be very defensive of it.. A certain amount of fear that the toy will be taken away from him.. And as we were going to the park he said he didn't want the kids to get him..  What is going on at his preschool is starting to show signs of red flags in my book.. After we picked up his grandma he told her that some of the boys at preschool had kicked him.. If this continues he might start not wanting to go to preschool and if that starts his parents will be in for a long fourteen years of school.. He still has one more preschool and thirteen miserable years of school.. I should know I had a class full of dipshits I had to contend with and while it let up in high school, those first nine years were totally no fun and filled with dread..  I hate to see that happen with the little guy.. I hope his parents will listen and try to help him.. 

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment