Wednesday, March 7, 2012

SOMETIMES YOU ARE THE DOG, SOMETIMES YOU ARE THE FIRE HYDRANT

I heard someone on the radio (rail road frequency on the scanner) use this line "Sometimes you're the dog.. Sometimes you are the fire hydrant" and I was thinking that is just the way I feel anymore, going from high as a kite two hours before mom fell to feeling like I let the world down back in September..   But now some six months after that event she has gained almost all her mobility back.. There was a time right after the first of the year when she was ready to go back to the  chiopractor  but gritted it out.. She was doing fine until about a month ago when I brought the boo home an hour earlier on a Friday morning and she started to hurt almost right when we came in.. That happened once before shortly after that ordeal started and I loaded him up and took him back home because I knew she wouldn't be able to handle another two hours of that.. 

The big news out there is that of Rush Limbaugh or as I call him Lumbar as in lower lumbar because he is rotund..  He made so statement of stupidity that showed his true self and everyone is up in arms saying he should be fired.. I respect his right to free speech, but I also respect everyone elses' right to complain about it because this is supposed to be a free society free to say what we want.. So where do I stand on this??  I don't know enough about any of it because I don't listen to Rush, I couldn't care what he does or doesn't say, he means nothing to me.. People who do listen to him and take his word as gospel need to check their point of reality.. I listen to John Stewart, Bill Maher and other shows including Opie and Anthony and form my own opinion.. I rarely side with everything they all say, anyone who falls into that kind of admiration of anyone is destined to be slapped hard someday.. That might have happened by Rush to a good lot of his listeners last week..

Peyton Manning is a free agent as of today, which came as no surprise.. I listened to Dan Patrick and he called it back in December.. In fact there has been very little he has been wrong about.. He called the end of the NFL lockout almost to the day.. He called the NBA lockout to the exact day.. He said they would start on Christmas day or they would lose the entire season and he nailed it..  So where does Peyton end up??  Ultimately I've heard he will end up in the pregame show of NFL or CBS network, he will more than likely never play another game although he will try.. I hope he can come back because everyone loves a comeback story.. But I've heard he can't turn his head, he has no mobility in his neck.. He turns his whole body to look side to side..  The end could be near for him, a nasty hit from his blind side would be toes up on his career..

I was checking the videos and seeing if I could load a video from the stuff I transferred from tape to dvd, and it turns out I can.. and did.. So now a few things have to be worked out, such as getting the videos edited for upload to my Youtube site.. But there are snippits I want up there.. Some from Donalds wedding rehearsal.. Some video bits from way back when we were playing croquet...   Way back when we could actually play a game, before gadgets were the rage... 

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment