Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WE'RE GETTING THERE AND I KNOW..

Freaks me out as I'm about to start writing this entry the all alert radio has that alert sound go off, and we're under a tornado warning... TORNADO WARNING!!??   How can that be??  The sun is shining!!!   Test message for weather awareness week...  A mock tornado warning... That's nice, usually now is too early for tornadoes but we had two tornadoes on Sunday east of here.. I knew when they had a tornado in Michigan a week ago that we could get one now.. Michigan is north and east of us, but it is the north part that is the tell here.. When the storms get to the point where they move up gradually (normally) we see them move from Texas through Oklahoma and on north gradually.. Was the storm in Michigan a freak situation??  Normally I would say yes but this year seems the norm and might be the way it is from now on.. I like those who don't believe in global warming..  It sure seems real to me when you have 80 degree days when the high is at best supposed to be thirty degrees cooler as a high...


Talking about Reader; Having more to choose from might be good but to me it seems overwhelming.. I did ditch six feeds because they were essentially duplicates although not exact they did have the same story stuff...

Program updates: last night the "Freemake" video downloader and video converter updated.. Anyone who has these knows what a great tool they are.. Initially I was downloading programs from Youtube to transfer to disc and watch on the dvd player at my convenience, then  a quick trial to see what these can do and I found that I can add a truck load of music to I-tunes or any player for that matter.. Video converter can change videos to audio so that is extremely handy.. 

Updated today: Aurora browser.. If anyone is annoyed by a browser updating constantly then Aurora isn't for you.. What I like about this browser is it keeps getting better daily and I can see it happening.. The future of Firefox browser is cool to mess with and it is better than beta by far.. I'm not a fan of beta, I just don't have the patience to deal with the crashes and bumps and missteps..  

We stopped by the boos house and Lucy was playing that "music" and five minutes of that and I'm ready to hurl..  What is it about that crap that I can't stand??  I can usually find something good in every music except for rap, hip hop and certain country music.. Now this "dub"  or mix or whatever it is called..  I tried, it repeats and builds then has that disco beat that reminds me of the old disco days when barf was what I would rather do than listen to that crap.. I admit I'm behind the times where music is concerned.. My taste is mine, and I try to stay true to it as I've said before.. I don't have any friends but if I did their taste in music wouldn't sway me at all. I don't think it would anyway.. I will try any music once but if I can't tolerate anything I'll stop listening to it.. Just the way it is.... 

NAMES: Found out that Tabitha is going to have girls..  So I'm figuring she has the names picked out already but just in case here's a few ideas.. Since the likelihood is that she won't use family names how about naming them after states..  Iowa could be a girls name.. Florida...  Maybe not.. How about Tire, or Iron.. Blanket is taken, Michael Jackson called one of his kids Blanket.. Why not cabboos..  or cheeseburger...   I'm willing to bet it it is something like Celine because she is, or was a big fan of that singer...  Maybe Gaga after that lot of oddness... I think I'd name them "to be determined later by the kids themselves".. Wouldn't that be cool to ask them what they want to be named...  Maybe not..

Speaking of names, I ride an exercise bike next to a freezer that has the states magnets on it and I thought of the names of them and how many are directional of a state next to them.. Like Virginia has West Virginia to the west (of course)  or North and South Carolina.. North and South Dakota.. We could easily have been called North Kansas or   instead of the two Dakota states we could have had North Dakota, South Dakota and Really South Dakota..

BH

1 comment:

  1. Another name:: Shampoo, for either one or both.. Call one Sham, and the other Poo... That way when you call them just say shampoo get home for dinner...

    ReplyDelete