Saturday, April 7, 2012

AT TENSION

I put the Hall & Oates H2O album on the i-tunes player yesterday as well as some of the better songs by them.. It's strange how I would never have even thought to try to listen to them because I figured they were all pop and no substance. But one year mom got me a concert on the old needle vision RCA players back in the day, and I got addicted to their music.. But that is usually the case with me, I'll try a live album by a group and then figure if I can tolerate them live then try a best of album.. And that is pretty much the basis of my music collection.. From as far back as the very beginnings when I got the Chicago IX (nine or best of) album.. I Got the live album that they did at carnegie hall and it was a five record set (from the library) and tried to listen to that record but it was tough to listen to, for some reason.. Oh that's right I had gotten into KISS  and it was their Alive album that set the standard for my live listening, and the Chicago concert was extremely  tame by comparison..

Another group I got via the library was Argent, with the album Encore!.. I couldn't find that album again anywhere unlit recently when I found it..  Took that long to find that one.. Their best of was such a small number of songs and the wish is that they would release an essential album in these more modern times.. I think the reason they won't is because they would take all the best songs and fan favorites and the albums they came from would probably stop selling..

We had the nephew the other day and we went and had ice cream.. After we were leaving he wanted to go to walmart and get a truck.. Then he thought of the previous day when I needed glue for the project outside and so he said we could go get glue, and of course since we were there we could also get that truck.. He told mom about a carrier and I thought it was the truck we ended up getting for him for Easter but now mom keeps saying  a carrier and that could be a storage type of truck which they had but it was full of cars already and that is pretty much the last thing he needs is more cars.. Really too many cars??   You can never have too many, can you??   Well in his case the answer is yes if you ever see his room with storage baskets full of toys.. He calls his room the storage room (he must have heard that from his mom or dad..  So on our way back from getting ice cream he must have figured his grandma saying no actually meant NO, so all of a sudden he was mad.. He told her he was mad and I laugh because it is an act, he really wants that truck out there at walmart.. I told mom about the time in January when we were out there and he wanted this toy and that toy and I kept saying not this, or decide on one toy.. That was  a  tough decision to make that day because every aisle had THE toy he wanted.. He decided on a toy checkout stand type of thing and we get back to his house and after playing with it for ten minutes he wanted to go back out and get a guitar.. That infamous guitar saga.. i'll never forget that one.. I think I have that written in another entry in January or February.. Classic Ian the nut case..   

Oh is he spoiled???  Yes and mom acts supprised when he is the way he is..   On the Wednesday before we came to grandmas house he was tearing out a toy box full of those bigger bricks, not the biggest I don't think, and he starts tearing a train set apart and then he starts tossing those bricks around.. I asked him if he tosses them the way he does so they might break and he could get some more.. He said no.. Then he started to get wild with them throwing them all over the dinning room and then they hit the ceiling I told him he better stop or he might break something and he said he wouldn't.. I said if he breaks the television that his dad might not be too happy and ground him from playing with certain toys or maybe even not be allowed to play his drum set.. This seemed to strike a tone with him because when we got to his grandmas house he mentioned that I wouldn't allow him to play his drums.. And just like another time where he took something I said out of context, I had to explain what happened to mom..  The day is gonna come where I tell him to stop acting like his mom and he's gonna say that to his mom and then I will be inside some trouble I'm guessing..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment