Monday, April 2, 2012

WHITE CAPS IN THE HARBOR

The most amazing thing about yesterday was the thought that had it been a week later we could have had a bar-b-que for Easter.. It was warm and in fact it was hot.. Hey I'll complain about the heat even with it coming as it did in March and now the very onset of April.. With me the perfect temperature is seventy and in the mid seventies and it gets hot in the low eighties and unbearable in the nineties.. Yesterday the weather thing on the computer said a possible high of 90 degrees, for the first of April..  Then for Easter a little cooler (seasonal) at the low sixties.. We get spoiled quickly when it gets warm out then gets back to the regular temperature for this time of year.. And snow!!  People will freak out if it snows much but just to remember that Easter is when we have gotten our biggest snow storms in the past..  By the way our lilacs are almost completely leafed out almost a full month ahead of schedule.. The wheat in the fields is really taking off growing.. Last year wheat harvest was late and has been later the last few years.. Could it be this years harvest could start much earlier than before??  We'll see...

The pepper starter kit has all three varieties starting now although the Anaheim are just barely getting going today, the others are really kicking it into gear.. The feel good story of this early growing season so far...

Tried to fix the little decorative  bird feeder thing that is on the ramp.. It has taken a lot of abuse from the weather in the past year.. I think mom got it about a year ago, and while I knew it would get crapped on by the weather I would have never guessed it would get nearly destroyed.. Broke out the glue and the ribbon clamp and hoped to get it fixed.. It's a project from Saturday that was derailed with the she situation..

Mom is going to talk to a lawn care crew here sometime to have them do the lawn.. Her reasoning is sound, we aren't here very much right now and like today when I was hoping to get to more of the lawn the weather isn't going to help with excessive winds blowing... Tomorrow wet with rain or snow, but a day at the park no doubt.. 

I hate to say I'm looking forward to May but I sort of am.. May should be the end of preschool and Lucy goes back to her job at the park and I go back to not watching the nephew and it's all good.. I hate to say that because I really like to watch him, he is a lot of entertainment but he has a one track mind as most little kids do, but what bothers me and mom as well is his inability to stay with something for very long.. He'll play with this toy for five minutes, then need that torn out.. We get to where we make him put the first thing away before tearing out the next especially if they aren't related.. Games are his favorite things to tear out.. He will tear a game out and look at all the cool parts and "play" a game and then he gets bored and has to get the next game.. I'm hoping he will get to where he can play a game like Monopoly so that we can play the big boys game of 1830, or any of those Avalon hill games..

Have I given up on Aurora?  Well that's a good question.. I don't think I have but when I get frustrated I tend to not use a browser or other program as much but then come back later and decide if it is worth keeping.. Aurora was so important to use to try to help with the development of the Firefox browser in general.. I have  a site that shows the latest releases of a good lot of programs and one of them is the Firefox beta.. If I hate beta why try to use  true development browser that isn't even beta??  But my reasoning is if I use it the way I use the Firefox latest release then maybe that will help in some way..

Other programs to try were set by that site but I couldn't see using them if I hadn't even heard of them.. Must try programs include : Freshview : a program to look at all media (pictures video and music).. ImgBurn for burning true copies of media (compact disc, digital video discs) again I'm not sure how good these are but they have a "swear by them" reviews on the sites that review them..

I was watching a movie called "the assassination of Richard Nixon" with Sean Penn (Spicoli from FTARH fame) and was a pretty good movie.. I am watching  a scene where he is dialing his wife to talk to her and using a old rotary dial phone and thinking how different things are now with redial ability on most home phones and cell phones.. Cell phones especially what a difference technology makes in life now..  I never used to carry a cell phone but in the past couple of years I am trying to keep one nearby.. There are times I will forget it at home but not think twice about it.. When this phone dies out I dread looking for a new one.. They don't make simple phones anymore, and that is what i want it for.. I rarely use it, and in fact because I don't wear a watch I use it more for the clock than anything else.. Most people use them for texting anymore.. I tried the texting part way before it was the rage and sent myself a text to the computer from when I was hiking on a mountain in Silverton.. It is handy to text but also not.. I can call someone and ask the question quickly.. I do get the attraction of texting but it seems like a huge waste of time and kind of dangerous..  Just my opinion which means   squat....


BH

No comments:

Post a Comment