Monday, April 30, 2012

WHAT DOES LOGIC HAVE TO DO WITH IT

 As I said I added a lot of RSS feeds and have now gotten a good majority placed in related (?) folders for viewing as I need to.. Truth is more than likely I won't look at 90% of them because i do seem to look at the same twenty or thirty only... Why have so many then??  It's the potential I guess.. The idea that I might need to see "that" ... be the first to see "that".. What is "that"?  Anything that puts me in the know and everyone else catching up.. It is what is so great about Twitter, so much happens and Twitter can be the way to find out about it first.. To me finding out about something should go something like this; See it on Twitter or a social media site such as.. Then look it up more in depth via RSS reader..

There were certain stories that happened recently that I felt good knowing about it sometimes a week before mainstream American media did.. Most people are prone to calling the news here Lamestream media because it has more to do with the Kardasians than anything else and more often than not opens with a story about that tribe of nothing than anything else.. 

Starting tomorrow the first of May...  Hard to believe that it is May already, but it is true.. So what is my favorite spring song??   Sausalito Summer by Diesel.. Steve Czaben will do a special flashback to the seventies to play it soon and that is when you know... It is summer... 

Timing is everything, and this past month has flown by.. The thinking of what to plant and when has been dominant and now as we get close to that day (planting day) I am getting the irrigation system back in order, getting the timers set to go.. Readying the "drill" for planting, wondering when the first hail storm will hit and knock everything back to...  Anyway, the start of the season is shortly and what will get planted?  Pumpkins as promised, sunflowers (the red kind, maybe the mammoth for Lucy and her brother (whichever one comes this fall))  and the Earthbox planter as well as the patio planters.. Five tomatoes (hopefully)  six peppers, other supporting role plants in the salsa idea...

Between Mothers day and Memorial day I plan on getting everything planted..  Then the weather watching begins... 

Mom was saying again today she was worried that the grass wouldn't recover and I told her I  wasn't too overly worried.. Truth is I figured one rain storm of substance would get us grass growing.. And we got it at the end of the week... Now to spray for weeds (dandelions) and make the grass grow.. And then mowing.. You know I usually like to mow and could do it in the hardest of heat but last summer I just hated to mow..

Tree planting:  I want to get any trees transplanted and set by Mothers day, that way the heat shouldn't be that extreme and might still get some rain..  I remember doing dads memorial tree on a day when it was cool out.. on the verge of snow, perfect for transplanting the tree.. In the next few days I hope to move some rogue Aspen trees around, set them in the places where the yellow willows were at.. I had such a great batting average with trees before trying to plant a tree in Bob's yard where apparantly  trees just don't grow.. A black hole for trees I guess and then that seemed to translate  to here as every tree I have tried to get to grow has failed and the worst part is the pride that was dads tree has been weather fucked the past two years, with wind toppling over.. I was able to get it to tie up and grow more strait but the wind nailed it again last year, so it is a bit not strait up and down..


 BH




No comments:

Post a Comment