Thursday, April 5, 2012

IT'S PRECARIOUS AT BEST

It's a win lose situation when the people who do our yard every year do it.. After two years ago mom complained enough to where when the dethatcher tines were able to be added to the tiller I said get them and I'll try my luck at doing the yard.. I did it last year but didn't get the hedge.. This year the people who do lawns did their voodoo and as with every year they did a somewhat half assed go of it.. While they did find my pocket knife that was lost (see previous entry for "ode to a pocket knife")  they didn't do the hedge to moms liking (Hell I did that well)... And they ran over a tree in the front yard, the willow that was just a few months removed from being a year in the ground.. I was so proud of the job I did getting that in there and growing at the hottest time of the year, July into August, and last year was hot and dry when it wasn't hailing and beating the crap out of everything.. So when mom told me yesterday that the crew would be here to do the yard sometime I thought I better do two things, pick a few things up that I didn't want destroyed and mark the tree in the back yard because I didn't want it destroyed.. So the tree in back didn't get touched and it was smaller, I would have never guessed the bigger tree would get rapped by a ridding lawn mower.. Who would have thought it...  So now what??  Well mom has a few Aspen trees starting near the sidewalk that are coming up from the main tree so I will try to transplant these in that exact same site.. And the next time these people do our yard (?) I will mark it with a big red flag saying DON'T RUN INTO ME.. Or put a speed  limit sign up, this is not Indy, you don't have to set a new land speed record here...  

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment