Tuesday, April 3, 2012

THE EXTREME

So today started off the way I thought it would, although chilly we went to the park as I predicted yesterday, but unlike my thinking we left because it was "too cold".. I don't even say I think it is too cold because what do I know..  We go to his house and he wants to watch something.. Well what do you want to watch.. He is so proud, he found the Roku remote (I'm sure he found it) and wanted to watch Max and Ruby.. I thought fine and as I turned the tv and satellite on he changed his mind, he wanted to watch tornadoes..  I said you do not, but in fact that was the channel that was on when it turned on.. The weather channel, and it was starting the coverage of the Dallas weather situation today.. The situation in that part of the country was starting to get volatile very quickly.. I switched on the computer and got the chaser link on and got Texas chasers on.. He was just about ten minutes from the action and then things got interesting really fast.. Ian in the meantime was needing some hot chocolate, and not just hot chocolate but vanilla hot chocolate and I read the instructions on how to make it and then asked him how he makes it and thirty seconds later he decided he needed something else so ditch that idea.. The action on the computer was starting to heat up as was the action on the weather channel and Ian didn't get that what he was watching on the tv was the same thing I had on the computer, the difference was the guy in the suv was at ground level and that on the tv was a weather helo...  And that was the very first time I ever saw coverage of a tornado simultaneous with two mediums combined.. A third would have been to have the local scanner coverage and I looked for it but couldn't find it until later when they were moping up the debris..   It was like the big game.. Reminded me a little of the storms last year in Alabama, getting to see those live and then again today was great...  And the fact that Ian (be afraid of the weather be VERY AFRAID)  wanted to watch like that just stunned me... Him and his mom and dad all freak out when there's even the slightest hint of a storm in the summer.. I have a healthy respect for this stuff and have said I'd rather have cool weather than hot because with the heat comes the action weather...

When we get back from getting grandma and having ice cream Ian goes and plays with his grandma, when we get in the door he goes to the love seat couch and goes face down and starts that tee heeing and he is hidden, so we have to look all over for him because he is lost.. Should we go out to the car and find him??  Did we leave him at the DQ??  and then he pops his head up and there he is.. Found...   So they start playing in the dining room and put a set of his together for his cars and I hear him say something about attitude and I looked over and said what's this about attitude??  He looks at me like a screwy kid does and mom said that is what he said, no more bad attitude...  Where that came from is anyones guess..


All six pots of the pepper starter have plants growing, and today I'm looking at the next step in transplanting them at Walmart..  I've never gone from these peat pots to the next setting.. The plants I did this with before I think I started them two weeks before planting outside and they got taken peat pot and all by some critter... This year I will transplant to a bigger pot then when they go outside I want to put electrified fence around them so a little bunny gets to flame out as it runs across the yard.. Fun times..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment