Saturday, April 21, 2012

IT'S HERE

 So I started reading the "everything Google" survival guide.. Actually it isn't a survival guide nor is it a single volume book, what I have started is the Google Chrome OS just to see if changing to Google in that way is a good idea.. Truth is I have a lot of questions about letting Google handle everything there is on the internet that I do..  So far just about everything is handled by Google from my homepage to the way I look at the internet via reader... Very rarely do I step outside the Google umbrella    ella    ella   ay   ay ay ay ....  It is.. Is it, rather, worth being in every aspect with Google??  I don't know, I'm looking to switch my browser  to TOR if CISPA  passes..  I hate the idea of trying that browser because then you go with IP addresses to access all the sites and I have a list of the more important site that way but what a hassle man...


We had the nephew yesterday..  He needed something to eat so he and his grandma made some bread and butter.. And when he got that done he wanted them cooked.. I'm not sure if he was talking about putting that in the toaster or what.. Then we went out and ate it on the deck.  A little pick e nic ...


Checking the plants right now there is a great amount of concern that the salsa starter won't yield anything for the Earth box planter...  Because of the plants size and I rather am not sure that these won't grow to yield fruit with end rot on them.. I did start some by seed once before and by August they were producing fruit with end rot.. Another lot of disappointment that year.. At that point however I had a good lot that were store bought and gave a good number of produce..  I don't know that I got an equal amount that I felt I should get..  Yes I know getting 100% is impossible, but getting close to what I feel is what we should get.. Maybe that is impossible as well but at whatever the price per plant I would like close to what I feel is a good return on the investment not only in money spent but also time in weeding and watering or whatever..

What will get planted and where??  The Earthbox  will be the salsa kit garden this year.. I've had tomatoes every year except one and that year I made a huge mistake planting corn.. Not that the corn didn't grow very well I just planted to many seeds for the size area that supported those plants.. There was enough water for all the plants but they overcrowded each other.. You know me, I couldn't thin the plants and so when it came time to thin I couldn't and decided to try and let them grow as is.. What could be the harm?? They all had a great amount of water and thought what was the worst thing that could happen... They didn't develop.. This was an education in making sure there is enough room for everything to grow.. Point taken..

So in the pumpkin patch area this year will be??  Pumpkins.. That's right this year I will try one last time to grow pumpkins.. I am still looking for the variety that I am planning to plant, and am not sure if I should go for size or quantity.. I'd like a big sumbitch but the year I got those to grow everything must have worked out just right.. The last few times I've tried to recapture that magic have been big time failures with each time having the same thing in common, I used the same seeds that I had the year before.. The same from that first year.. And knowing they have some way of making seeds have an expiration date means that all the other times I tried meant that they were destine to fail and they did..

I got seeds for red sunflower variety.. Again there is thought about getting the giant sunflowers this year.. I might get those or some other variety.. No decision on that still.. I got more seeds to plant than I will use again.. This was a month or so ago and I don't know why I did that.. While they are cheap, it's the thought that I was thinking where was I going to plant all this??  Then I remembered I was going to plant another version of the salsa kit in the old cacti planter that hasn't been used for a few years (we forgot (I forgot) to bring it in when it gets cold) so it could be used although I'm not sure if it would support the tomato.. The Roma would be in the center with the peppers being around the outside and further out would be the onions and then near the very edge is the cilantro.. Would that work??  Might try to find out...




BH






No comments:

Post a Comment