Sunday, April 22, 2012

REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG..

 A little self indulgence here for this one, apologies to the Asian readers (you know who you are)..  Umm, This morning we were talking about a few things from the past and a few things that mom talked about riled me a little (A LOT!!).. Mostly she was talking about the local doctors and how when we went to the chiropractor that she was made to feel kinda put down and that lead to discussion about dads doctor the infamous Dorwart, king of the put downs, or that's how mom sees it (and pretty much everyone else).. And that lead to the discussion about that day in October when dad was taken to the emergency room at the hospital and as it turns out Dorwart was on call that night (I guess) as he showed up. Dad wasn't feeling well, in fact he would throw up twice while we were at the hospital before they transferred him to Pouder Valley if Fort Collins... But it was during those hours that Dorwart showed a different side to himself when he helped clean the vomit off of dad..   

We talked about the days following when he was transferred  and that Friday in general as when the doctor came out to talk to us he was asked (by Tabitha I think) when he would be getting out and the doctor was blunt when he said he will be lucky to leave alive..  But the next day when we saw him he was in his own room, looking pretty damn good and, like I have written, I thought well we dodged a bullet this time not knowing that while the infection he had was extremely bad, the heart procedure they did on Monday would decrease his chances of survival to zero.. Thanks docs.. And people wonder why I don't trust them??

A few pictures from my scanned collection, the Conoco station.. We would get bottles of Coke there every now and then on Sundays..  It was the old thing sort of reminds me  a little like going to the DQ now with the boo..

Speaking of the Boo, a picture from his first birthday party.. Remember when this was taken, as just a few days after this mom would have her surgery and never be the same again..I was looking at some of the old pictures from when he was a little guy and just laughed.. I keep thinking how dad would just love this little guy.. Take him to get ice cream.. If he was the way he was he more than likely would be going with me to watch him on the days I watch him.. But it would have been interesting if he would still have been doing that dialysis thing he was doing  ... 

I don't know why I added the old grade school picture here... That place changed a little over the years.. I think when this picture was taken was about three years after the new high school opened or a year after dad came here to teach (I think that is right)..

Finally the picture of dad with me and Ian.. Or rather that is Bob..  They still look a lot alike and I thought they didn't so much anymore..

BH



No comments:

Post a Comment