Sunday, April 8, 2012

SPLIT TIME

I meant to add something before pushing enter on the last entry, why not just add it to that one???  Too easy.. Anyway I tried a few programs recently because I was looking for something to convert video files to .xvid type to watch vids via my dvd player which is xvid certified, don't try that without one.. And think I found that what I initially have is fine>>> sort of.. I say sort of because for whatever the reason when I go to watch videos they say wrong codec or compression, so I have a second idea and that is the SoThink video converter which will convert not to avi xvid but rather to true dvd files which means that the videos would play on any dvd player.. So the specialty feeling would be gone but not forgotten that way.. 

Added the SeaMonkey browser.. I had SeaMonkey on the Xp computer and rarely used it, and likely it will be a replacement for Netscape.. I did like Netscape for some reason but I do see why they got rid of it, it is a lot like Firefox...  Tried instantview photo program but deleted it today.. Tried two "music" development programs three or so months ago but never really tried to use them at all.. These were to music what Blender is to making three dimensional creations.. With Blender I could never achieve a flash point (starting point)  To have a musical idea for a start point was crucial same as with Blender and a picture there.. I would have to borrow a musical starting point to get an idea but I really don't like the music created by these programs and so for now they are deleted from the computer.. 

The Facebook Google plus debate:  For me I can only post about three things on Facebook before having to solve a CAPTCHA  (?)  to do anymore, so when I started to post on Google +  I never had that problem.. Then when I started using reader it has the ability to post to Google +  as easy as anything and so it was a no brainer to post there.. Then I see that it sends email to who I want email sent to (some seven people) that tells them to open a link and since I tried it and it worked I thought this was the answer to the problem of sending emails to everyone and having the email show as code.. I know this has happened a lot because my uncle replied by saying there was nothing in there sometimes and others he would just get code.. I always send an email to myself to make sure that it got sent and to see what got sent.. So the last few that I sent were code I tried different email sites with the same result.. When that happened I stopped sending email direct and started using Google +.. Then last week I tried the email link in reader to see how that worked and it seemed to work well, my uncle replied that he got them but nobody else did so I figure they got them but more than likely they are in their spam folder.. Another thing that is interesting(?) is that when I use Firefox (the preferred browser) it will let me send one email from reader then I have to solve a captcha thing to send anymore.. These are pure bull shit to do, so what to do??  I tried Opera browser to send more than one email via reader and that seems to work.. So what gives??  On Firefox I have an extension called Shareaholic and I am able to click it and share on Facebook and Twitter and I think it might be the culprit that sends mixed messages to Gmail or whatever.. That's my only guess, I don't have that on Opera.. 

Chrome is now the default browser after being demoted to off the computer to being back on in fifth place behind every browser (including I.E.).. The default browser but not the main browser and here's why.. When I start Chrome up it has a crashing sound that represents certain programs crashing such as flash player.. It's unnerving to here the browser make these sounds because it sounds like it is throwing a rod or backfiring..  I have i-Google as my homepage on two of the three Mazzilla browsers (Firefox, Aurora, SeaMonkey)  and set as a go to page in speed dial on Opera..  The reason Oprah lost default is it's start up time.. I knew Chrome started faster and when I needed Opera to load quick Friday it piddled too long and got the axe.. I do like Opera better for speed dial.. Chrome got default on speed alone... 

One last thing.. On reader I have decided that too many cites are not necessarily a good thing and so over the following weeks I plan to check those RSS that I want to keep and delete the ones I don't.. An interesting evaluation period ahead no doubt..

BH




No comments:

Post a Comment