Saturday, April 14, 2012

BLIZZARDIZED

From last year at this time, the 11th of April.. The day everything returned back to "normal"..  I don't  think it would have been that big of a deal when they returned from Poland had there not been a little boy involved.. Through all the incredible that was them or should I say her saying she was going to be gone "by this time next year..."  which started, unbelievably enough just a month after they got married.. Well  slightly more than  a month.. I still have that "you are our only hope" letter stored on my myspace site and as well have the letter I originally wrote and the added load that Donald wrote..  It was a saga of sorts when the day finally came when they would have to leave..  I didn't think it would happen and was in denial up to and including the day they left.. When they returned the little guy was changed ever so slightly..  He developed a stutter that has evolved somewhat into a stammer..  The innocence of being that little boy was gone, replaced with a boy that was world traveled..  Not totally horrible but being around people who spoke only Polish and very little English so when he returned the language that he spoke was English but more broken as we have learned lately that he only understands Polish, he can't speak it.. I have a gadget on my homepage that has word of the day and shows it written and spoken in a good variety of languages and the thing I notice is the way the word is spelled in Polish more often than not doesn't sound anything like the way it is written.. It's almost as if the word is drawn, sort of like Chinese.. There are letters, sort of, but they sound nothing like you might think and I have also noticed that it seems to be a forced language to speak.. More sounds in what I think a four letter word would sound like.. Interesting.. 

I remember their return. We went and got a welcome home flower arrangement and balloons as well as a cake for the big party that Saturday night.. What it was like while they were gone??  A few things happened including the earthquake in Japan and a couple airplanes having troubles that scared the hell out of us.. Thinking how long the plane has to work.. Over the ocean.  When we saw them it was a great relief for everyone..  I remember the welcome home party and hearing the story of when Lucy sneaked across the American border way back when..  Kinda scary, but interesting at the same time..

THE READER SAGA: Well today I started to get the reader situated, taking all the relative sites such as NASA or other sites and putting them in their own folder and will continue to do that until all the multiples are together.. Then I will check to see if they have doubled up entries and decide weather they need to be deleted..  Clicking on the folder gives all the latest entries or stories a chance to be read in the order I wish to see them.. Using Chrome gives me three options to view them, But I have to use Firefox to set the reader up...

MAZAGINES: In the ebooks I have to just delete.. It just makes no sense to keep them if they are a year old and a good lot of them are.. I was able to get that Hunger games trilogy this past week in both ebook and audio, I don't know why I got them but maybe I'll read or better yet listen to them..

EZ CD-DA EXTRACTOR: Updated this program and now it has the ability to burn five channel.. That's nice I guess, when I get music in that format I'll burn my copies that way..

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment