Sunday, April 1, 2012

REMEMBER A DAY BEFORE TODAY

When I got this computer, or I should say when I was putting it together I decided on all aspects of it, from the processor to the amount of space on the hard drive.. And one of the things I decided on was to trade size of hard drive for speed on the processor, knowing full well that I would be doing disc management a lot.. Here in the past two or three months it has been a constant trade this stuff for that, keeping up with the incoming downloads by deleting or transferring to external flash drive or external holder of some sort.. Lately i have changed my way of watching videos from watching on the computer to transferring to a dvd and watching shows on the dvd player at night, which had been working out really well.. Then recently the shows are being placed in mp4 rather than the .avi or .xvid file format which means I have to change them to that format to watch them.. The program I use has two settings to get it to that. One is avi movie and the other is avi video.. What the difference is I don't have a clue but I switched because it doesn't seem to make them viewable in the avi movie format.. 

Other things I am trying to do as I wrote about earlier is to look at the ebooks.. e-books are really cool but they are very time consuming.. Even the magazines versions are not the same as flipping through the physical type of magazine, and I started looking and realized that the ones I got I really am interested in looking at, they are not just willy nilly I really do have full intention of looking through them and so I loaded some on a flash drive to look at with the netbook laptop computer.. I have the same reader to read them with (Foxit) and even with the better reader I find it takes longer to look at them on that computer so I will keep them on the "beast" to view them eventually.. I did give myself until Mothers day to clear a lot of them off and have decided that the goal of having only a flash drives worth of an amount is reasonable but knowing how many books/magazines fit into  a single GB of space is incredible and take that times nearly 36GB and you know that is going to take  a    while to look at...

Reader news: Yes fans I am hooked on reader, and the other day I was so proud that I checked a couple of folders worth of RSS sites and determined that they had a lot of the same stuff which makes sense because they were from the same site and I knew there was a chance that would be the case so I checked them and deleted what I thought were redundant and that lead to the elimination of two folders, and some seven RSS..  And then yesterday I added some thirty, so feel good turns feel.. But what I have noticed is if I start a new folder and have a lot of relative type of things in there and then click the folder rather than an individual RSS then it brings all the latest stories and entries which makes looking at the internet a whole lot faster than it ever was..   TREND UPDATE:  1636 sites in my reader, in the last 30 days I have read 8,555 items and since August 2011 I have read 12,518 items     how that could be I'm not sure since I have had reader for just a little over a month now..

Checked the pepper starter and there are some little "guys" starting in there.. Two of the three peppers are going a week later with the Anehiem being the no show so far.. I started the "salsa starter kit" yesterday as for the plan.. I read a site that said they start their plants in January, but this was in the Dallas area, they also talked that by the end of March all tomato plants should be in the ground.. Again that is in the Dallas area.. How cool would that be to be able to plant tomatoes or anything else in March and know that if the weather screws you that you have until July to try again??  I think their first frost might be late October or even November..   However the amount of sun light needed to grow things gets less just like up here..

The lawn, what can I say about the lawn this year??  I won't water before May.. As tempting as it was to water last month with temperatures so warm and today's forecast for the first day of April set to be as high as 90.. That's right ninety degrees..  Normally I do my seasons by temperature so the first day after January the temp hits 70 that is the first day of spring even though we could still freeze, such is the way of spring.. First day of summer is the first time it hits 90.. That could be TODAY...

Checked the shed during my workings yesterday and one of my storage drawer things with my watering stuff had fallen over and dumped derailing my days events.. What that means??  A cleanup was in order and part of the way through I found that "claw jr." thing.. This thing mom got to help with doing the weeding and it has a cane like design and my memory of this thing isn't great.. Back when mom fell the very first time in the back we were having the shed built and mom used this thing to get around a little.. It had rubber nobbies on the digger things that kept it from digging into the ground.. When I saw mom using it to walk with I never liked the idea because it wasn't reliable as a walking devise..It could easily grab into the ground if a little more pressure was applied.. Which I guess is what might have happened that day she fell.. I do remember placing that thing by the old deck thing and I just never thought that what happened would happen.. But some how in the back of my mind I think it was there..  If I could turn the clock back..  Oh well,,,,

BH

No comments:

Post a Comment