Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A NEW MACHINE


I always seem to call something that when I am starting a new site or using a new way of doing things such as pictures or whatever..  Yesterday I put : R.I.P.  T.P.B. org  meaning rest in peace the pirate bay .org.. Good riddance to this scourge..  Truth is I was very late in that statement it is in fact no longer there and you can't find it in that true web address, and I think it hasn't been there in that way for quite some time.. Those who know, those who follow through the latest SOPA soap opera and now the latest BS in our congress know that sites like TPB are in fact several steps ahead of any attempts to stop them.. All I can think is their computer geeks are better than the governments computer geeks... While I have curbed my torrent use, I try not to get anything that just got released to the box office but I do have to admit it sure was cool watching an advanced screening of a few movies, and same can be said about seeing some television shows before they aired..  

After trying to email via reader I got no response from anyone so I assumed they went strait to the spam folders so I have ended that idea and have gone to only posting on Google plus...    I had trouble emailing with reader as it showed the CAPTCHA  to send and I just hate those things so after thinking I found the browser that worked (it didn't bring that captcha bull shit up)  but more than likely sent the emails to the spam filter of everyone.. I sent a bunch to myself to test it and it seemed to work so I sent a couple to everyone as a tester and when I did that the email I thought I should have gotten didn't show.. So either it shows as spam because there are more than one address on the sender box thing or..  I don't know so after trying for a day to get it to work it really isn't worth it so.. Maybe the very occasional email here & there but.. 

And so here is where the new machine comes into play, a site that could be an off shoot of here although completely unrelated (i.e. not under the blogger umbrella  ella  ella   ay ay ay ay).. Just an idea, I've tried before and didn't like it much in the end deleting it after a couple years, it was nice seeing a thousand readers a week when this site has yet to hit the thousand mark yet..   I would set stuff up that I thought was cool to look at and email but instead of burdening the email in boxes, I would post that stuff on a site like the old myspace was, or the old wordpress sites (plural there were two of them)..    Just still in the thinking stages right now.. 

That EMPTY FEELING: After Sundays goings ons and then transferring the video shot to disc I caught myself thinking of a time back before dad passed away when we all "seemed" to be a family and were getting along fine..   We stopped playing games outside years ago and when the neighbors are playing games outside I can't help but remember when we did..  I don't know what happened to stop that.. I kind of blame myself because this past labor day I wanted that feeling back again and manipulated to at least try a new game Bob suggested  BOCCI ball.. Turns out it was just  a shit load of fun and not just because I was lucky enough to play fairly well even winning one, I think, although looking back I think Bob let me win..  He has a way of doing that although in the case of croquet he would have to cut an arm or two off to suck as bad as I do to let me win... But I liked to play even though the closest I ever come to winning is when we start, and if I don't go first I will never lead..  I think mom was just happy to have everyone together like that.. I was the one who wanted things to be like they were before..  The one time dad played croquet, I was doing video that day but then I played and I think Tabitha did the video that day on that game..  I remember dad playing because he, like me, just totally sucked at croquet but we muddled through... It was that family thing.. A non event but yet very eventful..  It was more than anything else   just         fun...

BH

1 comment:

  1. I tried the new idea and it was called Generation 13... I wasn't happy with any of it so I deleted it.. I will post mostly on Google plus and twitter and try to leave Facebook eventually...

    ReplyDelete