Wednesday, April 25, 2012

OUT OF REACH or OUT OF TOUCH

 A serious disconnect or lack of thought or too much thought... We are trying to figure it out.. Yesterday when I picked up Ian from preschool something was a little different.. When he left Friday he seemed fine with  a little stammer that seems to define him.. But then Tuesday happened, quite possibly the worst he has ever been and I noticed it right at the start, when I picked him up.. He was having troubles starting sentences, particularly with the letter W  or Y    or is it the word WHY..  He asks so many questions of why or what.. But yesterday was really bad.. We go to the park after picking up grandma and I told her he was worse than in a while.. We got to the park and he wants to walk the walk trail and so we do.. When we get back to the action part of the park he swings for a little while and then I use the heat as an excuse to stop pushing him in the swing and then go over to the table where mom was sitting and then Ian comes over.. He tries to say something and it is pure frustration as we are seeing it on his face.. He can't get the words to form.. He can't start the words.. It is him raising his hand and trying to...    ??

What are you trying to say??  What is it you want??  It is just beyond me and mom both.. She guessed what he needed earlier and as well so did I and we both don't think it is a good idea to interrupt his chain of thought or communication such as it is.. Mom heard of something they are offering at the local education service unit to evaluate children who are having speech troubles.. Mom is afraid the day may come where he gets teased enough that he will give up on trying to talk..  After we left and came home mom said she wanted to talk to either Lucy or Donald about that and the fact that yesterday was so horrible and said she was nearly in tears because she can see the frustration in his eyes.. His expressions of  w   w  w  w w w .. It is just.. he extends his start of words and it is almost to the point where he sounds like he is about to sing it.. Which kind of reminds me of Mel Tillis, country super star from way back.. And he sounds like he is singing the start of the words.. I heard Shaquille O'neil on a radio show recently and he said he stuttered real bad when he was younger and the therapist basically told him to relax, chill out...  

So last night mom calls Donald to tell him about that and basically is leery about interfering or overstepping any boundary..  But the thing I thought would happen is if she told Lucy she would say he'll be alright.. No, he might be alright..  He might out grow this.. But wouldn't it be nice to find out..  Ian is smarter than most kids out there or at the very least a bright little boy.. But having him struggle to communicate is really tough to handle..   So I think Donald agreed with mom and said he noticed early on yesterday that he was a little worse off...  So hopefully either they will get him in there or give us the ok to get him in there.. I don't care how it gets done...

Monday was a headache from hell day, I woke up with one and it stayed with me through the day no matter how I tried to get rid of it... I did some yard work and garden work and really think that with the heat added to my situation I might have over done it a bit... Got a worse headache and felt  crappy that night..    As hot as it was you would think I would have opened a window and gotten a fan going but no.. I think it was because of my head hurting that way.. I couldn't get to sleep, figure I got  about maybe two hours sleep. Dreaded yesterdays doings but as it turns out everything was fine... Isn't that just the way it is though..

This is how we feel with Ian at the stores when he gets one toy.. Then another, swapping the first one out for another..  A few times he gets a really cheap toy but he must know the price of the toy somehow.. I try to do this "you don't need this toy..." mind thing with him but his answer is usually   "yes I do.."  Defeated again..

An evaluation of sorts is on.. While I love using reader to view the web sites I like to view, I added way too many last week.. I think it was an attempt to get a well  rounded perspective of the internet as I see it.. But I wanted a more concise view, compact but still worth the time.. What I ended up with was a ton of bloat.. So after Monday clearing all those added feeds I decided to try to get things back in order.. And so to do that I would not put an entry here until I got control of that.. Time consuming as that is to mess with, and I needed to get a hold of things.. So I let an entry not be done yesterday even though I wanted to (I tried but this wouldn't let me start one and I thought just as well I've got a cluttered up reader to get to.) .. But when yesterday happened I really wanted to get something down about it.. Now I will wait until reader is ready before I post here again....    or not...




 BH

No comments:

Post a Comment